New features common to all instruments
OneAttension screenshot of a live contact angle measurement with Theta optical tensiometer
One software for all tensiometry
- all inclusive OneAttension comprises all features and system functionalities with no need to purchase and install separate software modules
- Flexible software platform enables easy implementation of customized features and functionalities
- Optical tensiometers and computer controlled force tensiometers run on OneAttension and thus have a common and simple user interface for quick familiarization: once you know one, you know them all – no extensive training needed.
OneAttension user manager
- set the desired level of privacy on experiment recipes and measurement results
- a clear and personalized interface for convenient access to experiments
- see measurement data and experimental parameters from the first seconds for live assessment of the experiment progress
- direct reading of results with no need to perform separated analysis (deeper analysis can be performed off line when required)
- export can be simply done by copying and pasting the result table to a spread-sheet (e.g. Excel). It is also possible to export the data to an Excel, .csv or other file formats in a few clicks.
Flexible data handling & plotting
- any datapoints or groups of datapoints can be selected, plotted and analyzed, even when the points are not all consecutive.
- data can be assigned to any axis and be transformed into logarithmic scale when appropriate.
New features specific to the Theta range of optical tensiometers
OneAttension screenshot of a live surface tension measurement with Theta optical tensiometer
Full automation to avoid user dependant variation*
- Full control over the instrument including camera speed, dispensed volume, liquid dispenser movement, deposition locations, sample stage movements, and many other parameters to tailor operations to your needs or to program fully automatic measurements.
- Tilting cradle: start angle, end angle and rotation speed can be programmed for fully automatic dynamic contact angle measurements.
- Several modes (type coordinates, zig-zag, record dispenser position) allow easy deposition sequencing in any sample location.
Flexible frame rate*
- The frame rate can be reduced exponentially at desired time during the experiment to reduce the number of frames saved when the phenomena no longer take place at rapid pace.
- Attension pulsating drop module (PD-200) for rheology studies can now maintain constant volume automatically, enabling long measurements by compensating evaporation.
Contact angle measurement on curved surfaces
- Measure contact angle on curved surfaces (circular or near-circular) thanks to a “curved surface” fitting option for easy characterization of contact lenses and other curved materials.
* Only valid for systems capable of automation like Theta and CAM 200.
New features specific to Sigma 700/701 force tensiometers
OneAttension screenshot of a live surface tension measurement with Sigma force tensiometer
Fully automatic measurements
- select readymade experiment recipes or create custom programs for quick and repeatable operations
- programmable probe (or sample) immersions and withdrawal cycle(s)
- carry out long measurements without operator intervention, saving time and freeing the user to concentrate on other tasks
- complete automation prevents user dependant variation
Powerful and intuitive measurement and analysis
- all data points are recorded when measuring surface tension enabling full understanding of the phenomena
- the mass curve is also displayed and saved together with the surface tension values for additional insight
- extremely easy data recording and analysis thanks to simple step by step protocoles
- step by step protocol for simple powder wettabiltiy measurement (calculate slope, material constant then contact angle)
For additional information and to order your upgrade or purchase the new software, simply contact your nearest Attension representative here.
Specifications and appearances are subject to change without prior notice.
Biolin Scientific shall not be liable for any errors on this website.